Wheat Bread
**I half this recipe since my mixer doesn't accomodate 10+ cups of flour. And when it's halved it makes 2 loaves.
6 c hot tap water
sprinkle 6 c. wheat
2 T salt
2T yeast
2T gluten
2T bread enchancer
2/3 c oil
2/3 c honey
Start adding more flour (abt 5-7 cups) until dough easily pulls off sides
* I realized that I was making this recipe with a little too little wheat, so add more until it's a doughy consistency.
knead with dough hook 5 min (if you have a kneading function, you don't need to knead on counter or place on counter).
oil counter (INSTEAD OF FLOUR), place dough on counter and divide into loaves. Spray pans, let dough double in pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Although I got totally confused with this recipe and had to start over, once I finally got it right. It was sooo good. Dave, who in his own way is anti-food storage and raised his eyebrows when we ground up the wheat at mom's, was very impressed. He loved it. So thanks for the recipe (keep them coming) and thanks for helping us with the wheat Mom.
So, I just posted Wendy Kimball's bread recipe, but I cut it in half. Then I reread this one and found it to be the same thing, except hers calls for more flour. So take your pick!
Post a Comment