
This is a recipe I got from the chef at Cat Cay. After Scott treated him for kidney stones, he offered to help us in any way. Later in the week, I asked him for this recipe, which they often served for the dinner bread. I did scale it down quite a bit, so this is a manageable size. And I'm not totally sure of the cooking time since I was setting my timer 5 minutes at a time.
4 c. flour
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 3/4 T butter (room temp)
1/4 c. shortening
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. coconut
1 3/4 c. water
*And I added a can of drained crushed pineapple
Mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter
and shortening and then add water, coconut, & pineapple.
Fill muffin liners and/or tins about 2/3 full and I sprinkle each with a little sugar. Cook at 350 degrees. I'd start at 25 minutes and check it after every few minutes until tooth pick comes out clean.
1 comment:
These were sooo good. I ate way too many.
Post a Comment